Regional Pest Management Plan (RPMP) status
- Aotea — Exclusion
- Priority Lakes Tomarata and Rototoa
- Whole region — Sustained control
- Hauraki Gulf Controlled Area Notice pest
Fish with bright red fins, usually between 200-250 mm long.
What you need to know
To help protect our environment:
- You must not distribute or release any rudd within the Auckland region.
- You must not fish for rudd in High Conservation Value water bodies or their catchments within the Auckland region.
Lakes, ponds, rivers, streams.
Impact on environment
Herbivory can negatively impact plant growth, survival and community composition, sometimes leading to aquatic plant collapse in lakes. Selective feeding can promote weed success.
Competes with native fish for invertebrates. May cause lake to flip to turbid state by eating zooplankton and re-suspending sediment.
Check equipment and vessels for freshwater pests, clean everything that has been in contact with the water and dry everything thoroughly.
For more information about rudd and how to manage them, contact Auckland Council at email@example.com.