Mahere tiaki Tāmaki Makaurau
Use our interactive map to explore te taiao (the environment), the natural taonga (treasures) of the landscape and other data relevant to conservation.
Our maps will give you better visibility of the natural values, strategy and management activity. This will enable the conservation community to make more informed planning decisions.
You will find spatial data relating to:
- ecological values including ecosystem information
- kauri dieback including track status
- hydrology including streams, wetlands and lakes
- administrative, land management areas
- protected areas and regional biodiversity strategy
- environmental management activity
- ecological districts
- iwi rohe (territories) of Tāmaki Makaurau / Auckland.
We will continue to add data to the map as it becomes available. You can contact us if you have other comments about the map or would like additional data included.